Justice For Our Neigbors4th Monday of the Month
Iowa Justice For Our Neighbors (JFON) is a nonprofit organization, welcoming low-income immigrants of all faiths into our churches and communities by providing free, high-quality immigration legal services, education, and advocacy.
Iowa Justice For Our Neighbors has been serving low-income clients in our communities since 1999. Established by the United Methodist Committee on Relief in 1999, Iowa JFON helps people from all over the world. Our services are available to all without regard to race, gender, or religion. Clinics are located in Cedar Rapids, Columbus Junction, Decorah, Des Moines, Ottumwa, Marshalltown and Storm Lake.
The JFON Legal Clinic is held at Grace in Fellowship Hall on the 4th Monday of each month from 4:30 to 9 p.m.
We provide help with
- Family Reunification
- Asylum Seekers
- Domestic Abuse Victims (VAWA and U–Visa)
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- General Consiltation
Iowa JFON is committed to bringing about change in immigration laws and public policy. Iowa JFON advocates for:
- Family Unity
- A Path to Citizenship
- Humane Enforcement
- Protection for Vulnerable Migrants
- We educate immigrant communities to better understand their rights and complex immigration process.
- We equip broader communities to partner with immigrants in order to respond to changes in immigration policy and practice.
- We engage with religious communities to understand immigration issues from a faith perspective.