Grace Preschool PhilosophyHere is what we believe...
Specifically, we believe that:
- All children follow a predictable pattern in their development, but each child is unique with his or her own rate and timing of growth and development.
- A developmentally appropriate curriculum that emphasizes play can enhance a child’s development in all areas – physical, language, cognitive, and social-emotional.
- Through play young children experience the joy of discovery.
- A caring, nurturing environment leads to the development of your child’s self-esteem, respect for others, and a love for learning.
- The environment should be organized into different interest areas that encourage hands-on exploration. It is through hands-on learning that children develop independence, pro-social behaviors, and decision-making skills.
- Children learn best through a balance of teacher-directed and child-initiated activities. Large group times are kept short with the goal of active participation for each child.
- It is our responsibility to maintain a safe, healthy environment that promotes good health and nutrition and contributes to the prevention of injury and illness.
- Communication between parents and teachers is part of a high-quality program.