Volunteer with Us!You don't need to be a member to volunteer
Share Your Gifts
If you’ve ever wanted to do something for other people, but you weren’t sure where to start, you’ve come to the right place. Members and friends of Grace have organized many programs designed to help those in need, both in our community and in the world.
Take a look at some of the options in the list at left.
Or, choose a volunteer opportunity based on something you love to do:
Love to cook?
- Help Grace cook a meal for the Central Iowa Shelter and Services.
- Contribute a dish to the bimonthly meal served at Children and Family Urban Movement.
- Help the kitchen crew cook a meal for our Free Medical Clinic.
Are you a healthcare professional willing to share your skills?
- Volunteer for our Free Medical Clinic.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others by serving as a Stephen Minister?
- Find out more at our Stephen’s Ministries page.
Love working with children?
- Help out with our Super Wednesday after-school program for grade school children.*
Enjoy working with youth?
- Help out with our Grace Club after-school program for middle-school-age children.*
* Note that anyone working with children and youth in our programs will be asked to undergo background checks.
Love to knit? Enjoy crafts?
• Come join our Prayer Shawl Knitters. This group also holds a craft bazaar during advent.