Join Us at Grace!a generous, spirit-filled church committed to spiritual discovery, humble service, disruptive advocacy, and boundless love.
We love our funky old building, but don’t let its age fool you. We are truly a church for today. That’s because Grace United Methodist:
▪ Encourages deep thinking and honest expressions of faith
▪ Loves and supports kids with its great children and youth ministries
▪ Embraces unique people
▪ Cares about the environment
▪ Includes and affirms people with diverse backgrounds and life journeys
▪ Serves our community with a free medical clinic, neighborhood meals, free mental health clinic and after school programs
▪ Blends progressive faith and tradition
▪ Feels like church, with a beautiful sanctuary and inspiring music.
If this sounds like a church you’d like to be a part of, we’d love to have you join us.
We are located at 3700 Cottage Grove at the corner of 37th Street and Cottage Grove in Des Moines.
We have two parking lots, one just east of the church on 37th Street, and one behind the church to the south with entrances from 37th and 38th Streets. You may enter the church through doors on every side of the church.
How to Join Grace
We suggest that you come to a few of our worship services to see if we’re a good fit for you. If you wish, visit a Sunday School class, or volunteer with us. Some people are ready after a few weeks; others, after a few months. When you’re ready, talk to Pastor Dave about joining our Inquirer’s Class. This “Grace 101” class meets one night a week for three weeks, and tells you more about membership, as well as ways to get involved in our many programs.
Please know that whether or not you are a member, you are always welcome here.